Monday, August 07, 2006

Finally a proper break

I'm finally taking 3 days leave from work after 7 months. This 3 day holiday was planned since my elder sister is back from Sydney for a one month break. We shall be leaving for Cameron Highlands once I publish this post.

The weekend saw me doing some running as well. My son wanted to go to the park on Saturday evening, and I managed to run a comfortable 5k. Since I hadn't been able to run with Choi and his gang on Saturday morning as I only finished work in the office at 4am, I decided to join Peter, Lee and Albert for a 21k on Sunday.

I knew that I was in for a tough run with the company I was running with. Sure enough we were averaging a sub 6 minute pace throughout. I had forgotten how difficult the hills in this Klang - Shah Alam route were. It is a measured and accurate 21k route.

The second half saw me slowing down but Peter wouldn't have any of that and kept on pushing me forward. I completed the run with a personal best time of 2h4m37s. Total mileage for last week was 52km. I shall be building my base for the next 2 months since my next marathon will only be in January.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

DK,
Congratulations on your improvement! I believe very soon you will be able to do sub 2 hours in half marathon. Keep up your good workout.

fook said...

dk,
u improving very well,
keep up the good work!
hope can keep up with u,haha...
enjoy ur holidays!
fook

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. »