Sunday, April 15, 2007

10 weeks countdown

These last three weeks I have to keep reminding myself... Accept and appreciate the fact that not every single run can be a good one... Don’t think too much about it or you won’t do it... Even a bad run is better then no run at all. It has been a struggle so far but I'm positive it can only get better!

I'm not overly happy with my mileage logged so far but I have decided to listen to the body and adjust accordingly. I shall also adjust my race goals appropriately as race day gets nearer and I'm able to judge my level of fitness. In the next 10 weeks the key is to 'somehow' enjoy the experience of training hard in the midst of pain (if this is possible).

Yesterday's failure to complete the planned 25k means I will be skipping the Power Run next week to re-attempt the 25k. Instead of taking part in the New Balance 15k, I've decided to take part in the Centennial Half Marathon in Ipoh on May 6th as the distance would be more appropriate to fit into my training program.

Diverting away from the topic of running now, my wife is suffering from some bad pregnancy sickness again. With Nicholas, it lasted till the fifth month so we are hoping it does not last nearly as long this time. This time it gets worse at night. Do any of you mothers or ladies out there or even guys have any tips on how to ease this feeling of nausea?

This month is a stressful month at the office. The next few weeks could be crucial in indicating what direction the company's business will take in the next two years. There is one major contract renewal pending and a few more crucial pilot projects we hope to get a long term contract for. I have a positive feeling that we are going to have a good year.

Well it's time to get Nicholas ready for bed now. Here come's the little guy calling me now. Sometimes it's quite fun just to sit and watch him play by himself. He's growing up so fast that it amazes us. It won't be long before he's all grown up and will not be calling me saying 'Papa can you play with me or not?'.

2 comments:

Keipo said...

Hi,Bro DK:

Yup..we are just amateur,must face and accept it with open heart to face the next challenge in the marathon race always...be optimism..sure one day u will achieve what set.

Cheers..

Anonymous said...

Dinesh, I don't understand why morning sickness is called morning sickness when we expectant mothers get sick/nauseated all day, and night, too!

From my experience, what is needed most is rest/naps (that's the only thing I could do...he he!). Food was the last thing I wanted, my mouth felt bitter and everything that came in would come out in a matter of minutes. But I found orange juice or ribena (something a bit sour) helped a bit to ease the "loya-ness". Also crackers or dry toast. My dr reminded me to take enuf fluids to avoid dehyration altho I didn't have much appetite.

Anyway, it's good to remember it won't last long.
:-)