Sunday, January 06, 2008

What lies ahead?

2008 was ushered in without any resolutions being made as I intent to take everything as it comes while fulfilling my commitments and responsibilities.

Nicholas, while just having turned 4 in December, has started going to kindergarten. He seems to have adjusted quite quickly but it will take some time before he starts mixing with the other children and making friends. Perhaps we should have sent him a year ago, but we felt it might be too soon and didn't want to pressure him as some parents do with their toddlers these days.

Isabelle who just turned 7 weeks old seems to be growing well, drinking well and sleeping well. Besides the occasional restless night, she only wakes up once in the night for her feed. Having a big baby does make parents life much easier most of the time, especially when they tend to drink more during each feed thus being able to sleep longer.

Chiew Chin is still on maternity leave and goes back to work officially on 14 Jan. However she leaves for South Korea on a company incentive holiday for 5 days on the 8th. It will be a well deserved break for her before having to get back to a rigid and monotonous routine. I shall be filling in as home dad for 5 days while she is away. We are in the process of getting a maid but there are some unexpected delays so we have to manage for now.

As for my running, my updated training log in my 'Road to KLIM' post gives all the details of how that has been going. My gym workouts have definitely been helping me build some well needed muscular strength that enhances my endurance which running alone would never be able to do.

Will the KL Marathon materialise this year? Announcements have just been made for the impending general elections and that might be a sign that we might possibly have to forgo running in this annual event this year. Anyway lets hope for some good news and even if KLIM isn't on there will be other events to look forward to. For me the next definite marathon shall be the Sundown Marathon in Singapore which I've signed up for.

I would like to wish all my friends and fellow runners a very blessed and happy new year. God willing I hope to see you guys and gals and some of the races this year. As time permits I shall choose the events that I hope to participate in this year carefully. Take care and God bless!

No comments: